Burdened

1:18:00 PM

It's been a long and up and down week. Did I really just post last Wednesday? Life is just flying by.

On Friday we lost one of our sr highers. She was a junior. She drowned in a pool down the shore. She was like literally just on facebook posting statuses. Next thing you know, her wall was just filled with "praying for you" and than slowly the "RIP" statuses and "praying for your family" statuses started filtering on when the confirmation came...

Divinely, we had a praise and prayer night scheduled for Friday night for sr high, and I've never seen so many kids show up at a Praise and Prayer Night. And we prayed, and we praised, and there was such brokeness.

And I won't pretend like it has not been hard. She used to be good friends with my sister and brother. She used to come over and dress up like a cow. She used to come to youth events and wear footie pajamas to retreats and read her Bible from her Kindle. And I won't pretend like she was on fire for the Lord. She was struggling. But I believe she was saved (Praise the Lord for His grace).

And tomorrow night is the viewing. And just thinking about it has made me so heavy. A lot of my small groups girls were good friends with her. But I remember them all being on the retreat this last January and I can remember during our small group time just saying to these girls, "Jesus is worth it." and I remember saying to them that whatever it takes to bring them to Jesus, it's worth it- no matter how hard it is, no matter how much it hurts or how painful it is, if it brings you to Jesus it's worth it. And a lot of those girls that I said that too just lost their best friend.

And today my heart for was just hurting. Hurting for her family, for her friends. I'm overwhelmed for this funeral tomorrow. A lot of her classmates from her public high school will be there. And I'm just asking Jesus to please meet with us. To minister. To take our burdens. Matt 11:28-30 has been such a comfort. I'm so thankful that there is Hope to offer these kids. I'm so thankful to know Jesus, Our Comforter- to have the Holy Spirit. And oh that I would be broken for the kids who don't have that. And oh that I would be urgent to share with them about who Jesus is- our Only Hope.
Please pray.
Please.

"Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
the wormwood and the gall!
20 My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
21 But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.
27 It is good for a man that he bear
the yoke in his youth.
28 Let him sit alone in silence
when it is laid on him;
29 let him put his mouth in the dust—
there may yet be hope;
30 let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,
and let him be filled with insults.
31 For the Lord will not
cast off forever,
32 but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
33 for he does not willingly afflict
or grieve the children of men."
Lamentations 3:19-33

You Might Also Like

2 comments