Tested and proven

11:44:00 PM

I want to start blogging again.
 I'm not really sure where to start because life is just so different than what is was when I started this blog. But at the same time the journey with taking care of grandmom and grieving was the furnace and pruning ground that has made me the person I am today. I don't think I could start a new blog and leave all of this behind. But I'm not gonna worry about that right now. I'm not even going to attempt to dive right back into blogging.

I just wanted to share a few verses that I can write "tested and proven" next to in my bible especially after this last year:
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:16, 17 ESV)
For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11 ESV)
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. (Psalm 119:9-11 ESV)
Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” (Psalm 16:1, 2 ESV)
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (Psalm 34:4, 5, 8-10 ESV)
Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand. (Psalm 37:3-6, 23, 24 ESV)
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22 ESV)
Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. (2 Peter 1:10 ESV)
I think this year was truly me learning to trust the word of God to be true and that His law is good and His commands are good. There is no truth outside of what God has revealed. I'm so thankful to know God and to love His word because I know that He alone is good and that He is wise and just and that His commands are where I find safety and blessing and life. his word is life. And His Son fulfilled the law and I'm in Christ. And now I'm able to wall in His commands and in the path of life. It's been. Such an insane year but so much blessings and joy and truth has come out of it and I'm thankful.

You Might Also Like

0 comments