Food Blogs.

3:06:00 PM

I indulged in them today. I know. I know. I should have listened to AT LEAST 3 of my classes so I can catch up now that my laptop cord is fixed...but. I mean. I listened to one! And there were just so many many wonderful recipes calling my name!
Like this one and this one...oh and this one...goodness!

That's only a few of the decadent, delicious, wonderful, inspiring recipes I saw today. And my pantry is full of organic rye flour and whole wheat flour and cornmeal and my fridge is full of red peppers and scallions and tomatoes and lettuce...and I just know- i KNOW- that my chickens are dying to lay eggs for me- they tell me all the time...but that really won't be for months...but I can dream, can't I?

I am also dreaming about my tomato plants being in the garden- they are insanely huge (all 200 hundred of them) and it has been raining every day for the past week and we haven't been able to rototill the garden!

I want to become a great bread baker. My Rye was awful today. But the recipe I tried was truly uninspiring and awful- which led to me searching the internet for page upon page of truly wonderful looking recipes. This Smitten Kitchen woman excited me most of all though- she's up there for me with A Friend to Knit With!

But instead of spending the rest of my evening baking and cooking, I need to go dress hunting!!! yikes! My cousin is getting married tomorrow (and I'm eating Stuffed Flounder- pretty excited for that!) and I haven't had a minute to go dress hunting (I've worn all the dresses in my closet to family weddings or my graduation- and it's just time for a new one!)...so I am patiently waiting for my mother to come home so I can escape into that awful place called the mall where I will surely have an awful time trying on a trillion dresses...ha

I really don't know what I'm moaning about- I think it's because I really just want these instead of the chocolate chip cookies that are in my jar right now but I am out of eggs...and peanut butter...ha...but I'm just a spoiled brat.

Well...on a less shallow note, I'm truly enjoying my Bible college classes online (the whole 2 of them I've listened to!) and am excited to write my missionary biography paper! I basically listened to my Women in Church History teacher talk about all of these women who died for their faith for two hours yesterday- but it was so inspiring and sobering.

There's so much more to live for than bread and food and cleaning and chickens and gardens and soup...what a depressing life that would be at the end of the day if that was all there was to this?

Hope. What a theme that's been overflowing from my life lately- the Lord had given me a future and a hope.
Here's a new favorite verse of mine:
Romans 15:13 "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

Abound in hope.
wow.
that's what I want- to abound in hope- and have joy and peace in believing! insane! Now just have it- but that the God of hope will FILL me with it!

all right- think about it
and bake some bread

You Might Also Like

2 comments