Clean

10:46:00 AM

Well, the Lord must know that I am a visual learner- and oh how I wish I was not *shudder*
Don't you love poopie diapers in the morning?
Anyway- I am going to keep this as un-graphic as possible while still getting that point across (and if you still can't get the point than maybe you need to spend a week at my house and the Lord will have to teach this to you the way He taught me!)

My grandmom made a mess last night in her pants. My grandmom tried to clean the mess up herself. My grandmom made the mess ten times messier than the mess originally was. I had to clean the mess up first thing this morning. (I'm just so thankful for the Lord's grace for the moment on mornings like this!)

Spiritual application: I sin. I try to clean up my own sin. I make more of a mess cleaning up my own sin than there originally was. God comes and cleans me up. Praise Him!

If my grandmom has just hollered to me I would have come and cleaned her up (I've become a light sleeper when it comes to her voice). It would have been simple. But no- she had to try to do it herself and made it such a bigger mess than it had to be.

When I dirty myself, all I really have to do is call out to my God and He will come and oh so gently wash me up. Why do I forget this all the time.

And here is the clincher-
My grandmom was pretty ashamed of herself (it was really sad!!!) for getting so dirty, but once I cleaned her up- she still thought she was dirty!
I keep having to convince her that she's clean!!!!
It's insane. And that's when the Lord really spoke to my heart. I still think I'm dirty all the time- but God has made me clean! How freeing! And God is such a better cleaner up of our dirt than I am!
It was a beautiful lesson (in a gross, dirty, poopy way, you know?)

Paul was right- our old life is rubbish- literally dung. And how foolish we are to hold onto it. How disgusting we are to hold onto it!
Praise the Lord He is able to wash us white as snow!
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Eze 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Mat 8:3 And Jesus put forth [his] hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
Jhn 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash [his] feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
Jhn 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Grandmom quote of the Day: (speaking about a song)- "That is a clean ballad"

You Might Also Like

2 comments