The Easy Life...

2:31:00 PM

I'm going to say it, my life is probably going to be a whole lot easier when my grandmom dies. I won't wake up to diaper duty, I won't have to thicken liquids unless I'm making a gravy, I won't have to wash a million sheets and bed pads every week, I won't be late for sr high girl's teas because my mom didn't get home in time to swap nanny sitting...


And I'm going to say it, my life is probably going to a whole lot sadder when my grandmom dies. I was looking at some family pics (bottom right photos) and looking at our crazy group. My grandmom fits right in. And I'm going to miss her. Sure- there's a ton of things I'm definitely NOT going to miss. I'm not going to miss her stripping her clothes, or being in pain, or trying to go back to Germany, or her being constipated and agitated. But I'm going to miss being around her and making her smile when I tell her I love her. And telling her she's beautiful. Her big toothless smile is worth it all. 

The easy life will never be the worthy life. I want to live a life full of worth. I've struggled so much lately with surrendering to God my desire to just be comfortable the rest of my life. I want my life to be my own- and I want to be lazy, I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it, I want to just be comfortable. But honestly- what a waste of a life that will be. I want a life full of weight, full of worthwhile things, full of the glory of God, and by His grace I'm going to live one...

You Might Also Like

2 comments