Christ is Risen!

2:07:00 PM

my mom and her mom...my grandmom loves Cindy and calls everyone Cindy whose a girl, even me! 
my mom was the baby of the family...aren't they too cute? 

Add caption



my grandmom loves to watch "in touch with charles stanley"- she said that the speaker was wonderful and he brought tears to her eyes...here's a picture of her reading what she calls "the story of love" (aka- the Bible)

my brother jeremiah and grandmom have the weirdest relationship...

So Easter Sunday was just lovely in the Doran household. Grandmom was happy when she woke up and I got her dressed up and put "church" on the tv since she can't go anymore. she loves to watch church...anyway, she was really enjoying In Touch with Charles Stanley, and having a wonderful morning...until for some reason she finally remembered that her dad had died on Easter Sunday. You see, Lydia grew up in Germany during WWII and her father worked at the railroad station, which ended up being gunned down by a Canadian Fighter Pilot. He was shot on Good Friday and died on Easter Sunday of that year. And as much as Grandmom cannot remember my name, the date, or that she can't walk, she remembers that her father died Easter Sunday...crazy! Anyway, she started getting really sad remembering that her father and mother were dead (she doesn't usually mention her husband being dead)...
so we read 1 Corinthians 15:50-58 together and took comfort: " I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
 “O death, where is your victory?

O death, where is your sting?”
 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

And that made her smile...
anyway, the rest of the day was lovely, church, cooking, baking- and my cousin Phil came over and his parents, my aunt and uncle on my dad's side, came down from the Poconos for dinner with their grandson and we had a wonderful afternoon and evening!

Thank you Jesus Christ for the hope that one day my grandmom's body and mind will be restored and we'll see our Comforter face to face... Oh Glorious Day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments