Today

10:49:00 PM

Today my brother hawked a lougie in my hair and i threw up.


I'm glad that that one sentence doesn't sum up my day because it truly was a lovely day other than that. My friend Ruth came over and she taught me how to spin wool into yarn. Soon we will teach ourselves to dye our own yarn!


this is the spindle she brought over and some of the "roving" or whatever the wool is called. ha!



We've decided to make a virtuous wife calender and every month will have a Proverbs 31 verse and picture- sooo send in your domestic/virtuous/godly photos...hahahha

but here are some of the great things about living with your grandmom and being at home all day:

1. You have time to actually knead and bake your own bread. And not just one loag. Multiple loaves. And to perfect them...my next feat will be rye:






2. Tea. Pots and pots of it. When else would you have time to sit around and drink tea all day?








3. Aprons. Who needs to get dressed in the morning when you don't leave the house? Pajamas, a hoodie and aprons...and slippers.




























4. Journaling. Love it. Not writing about my life. I do that here or other places on the internet i suppose. but I love to write down things I've read: verses, quotes, sections of books, recipes, etc.



























While I'm showing a picture of one of my journals maybe I'll write down some quotes I've been into as of late.


I'm reading A Chance to Die, the biography of Amy Carmichael, a missionary, by Elisabeth Elliot. It's a powerful read.


Speaking about some meetings Amy was holding:


"...but then for a time there was nothing, no power, only deadness. It was her fault, she believed- she had grieved the Holy Spirit by levity following a meeting. 'There was nothing wrong with the fun, but it was not the time for it.' "
p. 45



" 'Mutton chops?' thought Amy 'What does it matter about mutton chops? The Lord is able to keep us from falling! to keep us from falling!' " after being asked if she wanted mutton chops following a convention where the Lord spoke to her.
p. 37


"So this is what those stark scripture passages meant: 'Dead to all one's natural earthly plans and hopes, dead to all voices, however dear, that would deafen our ear to His." p. 57. When having to choose to go away to do missions even though others around her told her it was unwise.


Also, I've been looking through old journals and I found this quote from A.W. Tozer's book Pursuit of God:


The world is perishing for lack of the knowlege of God and the church is famishing for want of His presence. The instant cure for most of our religious ills would be to enter the presence in spiritual experience, to become suddenly aware that we are in God and that God is in us. This would lift us up out of our pitiful narrowness and cause our hearts to be enlarged. This would burn impurities from our lives as the bugs and fungi were burned away by the fire that dwelt in the bush.


p. 39


Also...here's the yarn I spun today!!!!!!!! isn't it exciting...now what should I make???


You Might Also Like

2 comments