Conviction

2:46:00 PM

Some things convicting me lately:

  • A recent post from my church's Sr High Youth Group's blog:
Introspection…

Here are 25 killer questions one brother in Christ would ask himself regularly. I hope they are as challenging and convicting to you as they are to me!



1) Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am a better person than I am? Am I a hypocrite?



2) Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?



3) Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?



4) Can I be trusted?



5) Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?



6) Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?



7) Did the Bible live to me today?



8) Do I give the Bible time to speak to me everyday?



9) Am I enjoying prayer?



10) When did I last to speak with somebody else with the intention to win them to Christ?



11) Am I making contacts with other people and using them for the Master’s glory?



12) Do I pray about the money I spend?



13) Do I get to bed in time and get up in time?



14) Do I willingly or unwillingly disobey God in anything?



15) Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?



16) Am I defeated in any part of my life: jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, distrustful, or complaining?



17) How do I spend my spare time?



18) Am I proud?



19) Is there anybody whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward, or disregard? If so what am I doing about it?



20) Do I grumble or complain constantly?



21) How have I responded to buffeting or trials?



22) When was the last time I sat down with the main goal to simply thank or praise my Savior?



23) When I have a problem do I use my tongue or my knees?



24) Is there anyone I fear, dislike, criticize, or resent? If so, what am I doing about it?



25) Is Christ real to me?


  • This Wednesday night message on 2 Chronicles 15-16 about King Asa not relying on the Lord, but relying on his flesh. Though he had great victories early on in his life when he relied on the Lord, He didn't head the warning of the Lord, and in the end of his life relied on himself, his own resources, and it still looked like he was succeeding. But his stubborness, pride, and self reliance darkened the end of his life. He may have never turned to idols, but he still failed to seek the Lord. And its so sad because " the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to give support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him" (16:9)

  • Proverbs 13:4 "The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. "

You Might Also Like

0 comments