The Job Hunt

12:38:00 PM

Well, "my month" was up on Friday. I did mention that, right? That I felt like the Lord used my father to tell me to wait a month and not accept any  or job hunt for a month. So I took a literal month (24th January-24th February) and turned down jobs and prayed and got stuff done (such moving into grandmom's room, moving Jeremiah back home, cleaning and organizing with the help of my dear friend, catching up with people, doing odd jobs like working randomly for my friend's paper good delivery company, taking care of that woman I used to work for, cleaning a house, and other randomness). 


And so Friday I still really did have peace about the Lord's leading and that something will come up or He'll make it clear what I'm supposed to do. Anyway, Sunday afternoon I was over a friend's house and she mentioned that they were opening an Impact Thrift Store near the church. Literally, I almost jumped out of my seat. That is where I want to work. From the moment she mentioned it I couldn't stop thinking about it. Thrift store hours are awesome (not too early/ not too late and closed on Sundays!) The environment- it's basically a Christian company but not. Which is perfect because, to be honest, I've never worked in a non-Christian environment, but I don't feel like the Lord has me working somewhere right now that only has Christians. He wants me to be salt and light and I'm never in the world enough to do it. So I think this would be such a great balance/ transition for me. It's a non-profit company that donates it's proceeds to charity's and ministries so that they don't have to spend all their time fund-raising and not being able to do the ministry that they are called to do because they don't have the money. 

Anyway, I mentioned it to some people Sunday night, and a friend mentioned that our bookstore manager used to manage an Impact and so I ran to talk to him and he told me he'd call the person who runs the company and let them know I was going to apply and he'd also be one of my references! 

And so my friend Brooke (who just moved here from Cali) filled out my application and went on an adventure to the Hatboro location to hand it in. I enter the thrift store (that has the best deals in the universe) and see the employees wearing Impact aprons (i love aprons!!!) Anyway, while we were in there they had a customer come in who'd just gotten out of coma and they all were huddling around him bonding and talking. I just LOVED it. They actually care about their customers and their co-workers. 

Also, I'm just so excited about the new location because it's near my church and through the ESL classes my desire to reach the community near Calvary has just been growing and growing. 

So if you would like to pray for me- I really want this job- but I want the Lord's will most of all. Please pray if it's not His will the door would just slam shut, but if it is that it'd be clear and that He'd give me His strength to do it (I haven't 'worked' in four years now- my endurance is basically at 0).

On the grandmom grieving front- it's gotten more 'normal' now for her to be gone. I have had multiple strange dreams where she is 'mostly dead' but still here at the house because she has to finish dying- yeah, really odd. Anyway, I think of her everyday (which when people have always said that about their friends and relatives who died I didn't really believe them but I honestly do) and I do miss her, but I'm just so glad she's with the Lord and not suffering and is in Glory.

Found this little book/ tract when Jarreau and I were cleaning out my room and there's a poem in the back I really like
'None of Self and All of Thee'

Oh, the bitter pain and sorrow
that a time could ever be
When I proudly said to Jesus-
'all of self and none of Thee.'

Yet He found me; I beheld Him
Bleeding on th' accursed tree;
And my wistful heart said faintly,
'Some of self and some of Thee'

Day by day His tender mercy,
Healing, helping, full and free,
Brought me lower, while I whispered--
'Less of self, and more of Thee!'

Higher than the Highest Heavens,
Deeper than the deepest sea,
'Lord, Thy love at last has conquered:
None of self and ALL of Thee!'
-Theodore Monod

You Might Also Like

1 comments